One-Day Lean Thinking Overview Workshop
The One-Day Lean Thinking Overview Workshop provides participants with an introduction to lean principles and tools. For people just getting started with lean, or for organizations who are ramping up on their lean journeys, this workshop is a must! Participants will understand:
- The background of Lean Thinking
- Key principles of the lean philosophy
- The Seven Types of Waste found in all business processes
- An overview of Value Stream Mapping, the tool used to find waste and improvement opportunities
- The common tools of lean process improvement, including 5S, pull systems, setup reduction, cellular production, Total Productive Maintenance, and others
- An introduction to "kaizen" improvement events
- A description of the keys to success with Lean Thinking
Each workshop includes a hands-on learning activity that helps solidify the understanding of lean principles and tools.
This workshop is suitable for everyone: shop floor and office workers, supervisors, senior executives. No prior exposure to lean is necessary.
Contact us for more information or register for the next workshop to be be held on January 28, 2011.