World Class Business Performance
The Maryland World Class Consortia builds competitive strength - the strength your organization needs to win, globally and locally.
The Consortia is a collaborative effort: a non-profit organization built and sustained through the involvement of state and local government, expert practitioners and service providers, and a diverse collection of member companies (manufacturing, aerospace and defense, engineering, financial service firms, health care providers, commercial and food products, and many others).
Consortia members and affiliates share a common understanding and a common goal:
- They understand the power of world class tools and principles. Key among them is Lean Thinking, a continuous improvement philosophy derived from the Toyota business system that every type of organization can use to reduce waste and improve performance to achieve measurable and dramatic results for the business, employees, and customers. Consortia members also understand the importance of six sigma tools for variation reduction, and methods for leader development, employee engagement, business culture design, and change management.
- They all share the goal of business performance excellence. In whatever business they are in, Consortia members and affiliates are dedicated to the continuous pursuit of perfection. They are always experimenting, always growing, always learning, always sharing.
The MWCC's offers a full range of products and services:
- Diagnostic, Benchmarking, and Planning Tools. What does "World Class" mean, and where is my organization today? Diagnostic tools help answer these questions. Benchmarking tours, site visits, and case studies help members understand how abstract principles apply to their business. Planning Tools define the path from current state to world class performance. The MWCC is Maryland's resource provider for The Shingo Prize for Operational Excellence.
- Educational Resources. The MWCC hosts workshops, certification testing, and extended courses that provide the knowledge and skills necessary to achieve personal growth and reach business improvement goals.
- Networking and Best Practice Sharing. Consortia members can work collaboratively to learn from the experiences of others. Over the web or in person, the MWCC provides tools and events that help members connect and share best practices they have discovered.
- Implementation Support. Through its network of nationally-recognized consultants, the MWCC provides expert facilitation, coaching, and turnkey project implementation support. Financial assistance is available through offset arrangements and state and local grants.
Many of the Maryland World Class Consortia's diagnostic, educational, and networking resources are available to non-members and non-Maryland companies. Contact us to learn more.
The Consortia helps you get business results:
The Maryland World Class Consortia is about business results. Period. We encourage you to see for yourself how the MWCC can help your business:
- Explore our website
- Read member testimonials
- Meet our members in person
- Contact us for further information
The Maryland World Class Consortia can help you reach your business performance goals - no matter what business you are in.